Health Certificates For Travel

Gandy Animal Hospital provides health certificates for both domestic and international travel. Many states, including Florida, require an up-to-date Certificate of Veterinary Inspection or a "Health Certificate" from a licensed, accredited veterinarian when traveling.

Your pet must be examined by a veterinarian in order for a health certificate to be issued. This certificate basically indicates your pet is healthy to travel and is not showing signs of a disease that could be passed to other animals or to people.

You will find that particular requirements call for certain vaccinations that must be up to date for a health certificate to be issued. As part of your exam, your veterinarian may check for heartworm disease and prescribe heartworm preventative medication. When you return home, your veterinarian may recommend a follow-up examination to make sure that your pet did not pick up any diseases or parasites while traveling.

You will need a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection to travel and some airlines require an acclimation certificate. Both of these certificates can only be completed and signed by a federally accredited veterinarian. We have two veterinarians on staff that are federally accredited and are able to issue international health certificates for those of you needing to travel aboard with your family pet. 

Please contact our office at 813-839-1285 to learn more about our Health Certificate services. 

Contact Us

We look forward to hearing from you


Find us on the map 4714 W. Gandy Blvd. Tampa, FL 33611

Office Hours

Open 7 Days-A-Week

Office Hours - Holidays May Affect Business Hours


7:00 am-7:00 pm


7:00 am-7:00 pm


7:00 am-7:00 pm


7:00 am-7:00 pm


7:00 am-7:00 pm


8:00 am-6:00 pm


10:00 am-6:00 pm