Experienced Veterinary Technicians
As our veterinary practice continues to grow, our focus on our pet owners and the quality of care for their pets has continued to make Gandy Animal Hospital, Inc. of the more noted veterinary medical facilities in the Tampa Bay area. Gandy Animal Hospital, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic, dependable, and team-orientated person to add to its’ existing core of experienced veterinary medical staff to provide high quality veterinary medical services and genuine customer service to our clientele.
Working under the guidance of 3 veterinarians and a group of tenured technicians, our technicians assist in administering industry leading care through performing various diagnostics such as: Blood Analysis, Digital Diagnostics Such As Radiology, Laparoscopy and Endoscopy, Ultrasound Assistance, Chemotherapy, Stem Cell Therapy, Dental Prophylaxis, Parasite Evaluation, Surgical Assistance And Client Education. This position is open to individuals who enjoy working with companion animals and their owners, in a professional, challenging setting yet a relaxed and focused environment.
This is a full-time position that includes benefits such as paid holidays and vacation, health benefits, as well as personal pet allowance and discounted veterinary services.
Previous experience with companion animals is REQUIRED.
Applicants that do not meet the minimum criteria will NOT be considered at this time for this position.
This position requires a commitment to a 35-40hr work week and some weekends. A professional, mature, hard working and an ability to work with others is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the medical care and monitoring of the health and welfare of animals under the direction of the staff veterinarians.
- Administers treatment plans, including oral and injectable medications, vaccines and microchips, etc.
- Performs routine lab tests, including fecal analysis, x-rays, in-house blood work and various types of cytology.
- Prepares and administers pre-anesthetics, IV anesthetics and gas anesthetics.
- Sets up prep and surgery rooms, and cleans rooms after procedures.
- Maintains all medical equipment, cleans instruments, order supplies as directed.
- Keeps surgical and treatment supplies up to date for everyday use.
- Assists in surgeries and monitors animals before, during and post surgery.
- Performs dental work on animals as required.
- Animal husbandry for all pets in the hospital including treatment, I.C.U, isolation and kennel patients
- Accurately maintains all required records
- Performs data entry for medical records.
- Provides information to customers on routine pet care and common animal diseases when directed or requested.
- May assist with or perform euthanasia when required.
- Ability to work at a computer or computer knowledge is required
- Can complete projects under deadlines
- Flexible hours; Full Time including evenings & weekends depending upon hospital need
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
High School Diploma required.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must be computer literate and familiar with basic computer skills; typing or medical transcription, email, internet search, word documents, etc...
Medical background (veterinary technician) with medical terminology knowledge is preferred.
Minimum 2 year recent related veterinary experience required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Individual will have extended periods of sitting, standing, stretching and bending. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, as will be lifting animals for examinations and
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office and surgical/hospital environment, with exposure to hazardous chemicals, anesthetics and sharp objects. Potential of exposure to parasites and infectious diseases that can be carried and transmitted by animals.
Excellent Competitive Wages and Benefits Depending Upon Experience and Skill Level
Upon completion, please send your online application and resume to [email protected] and place your name and position you applying for, in the subject heading. Due to the high response of applications, only applicants meeting our minimum requirements will be contacted.
Thank you and we hope to meet you in the near future. Good luck!
Gandy Animal Hospital Management Team