During your visit with us, we will help you decide on a course of treatment for your dog’s itching. However, the typical course of action will include several steps. Don’t worry or give up if results aren’t immediate.
ATOPICA® (Cyclosporine capsules, USP) MODIFIED treats from the inside out, so Gandy Animal Hospital veterinarians, may prescribe topical and
symptomatic treatments in conjunction to help with immediate short-term relief.
- ATOPICA should be given at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- If you miss a dose, the next dose should be administered as soon as possible, without doubling the dose.
- ATOPICA can contribute to initial nausea and vomiting in some dogs. It usually subsides with use or discontinuation. If nausea and vomiting occurs, contact your vet and ask for anti-nausea medication.
- Giving ATOPICA at the same time every day can help make it a part of your routine.
- You should only give 1 dose a day. If you slip up, call your vet to see what to do.